10 May 2011

Americano at Espressamente illy

The past couple of months I've been at the Power Plant Mall in Rockwell, Makati, I opted to have coffee where we dined. But having the time to stroll around for the first time in a long period, I just noticed just the other week, that Figaro, the good old fave coffee break place in the middle of the mall, was gone and in its place, a fabulously inviting chic cafe: espressamente illy. I was not able to resist.  

While I know about illy since a number of restaurants serve this coffee, is what's on its website: "a unique blend of high quality coffee originating from Trieste, Italy, made from 9 types of pure Arabica beans A careful balance of ingredients from South and Central America, India and Africa creates the unmistakable illy flavor: always identical in any espresso cup, wherever it is drunk around the world, and what I've tasted and liked, so far. This particular visit would be the first time I've had coffee in an espressamente illy cafe. 

First of all, I was impressed by the design of the place, which actually called out to me from an upper floor. Red and silver/grey -- how could one miss this place? 

Cove-like booths/banquettes
The view from the other aisle

It was the aroma of their freshly ground and brewed coffee that eventually pulled me in.  Having had a couple of coffees by that time, I decided to order an Americano. 
My mid-afternoon Cafe Americano


True to the promise of illy, the Americano was a blend of acidic, sweet, and bitter notes, and tasted very good without the milk (first sip), after the milk (next sips), and even with sugar (my last sips). I'm happy, too, that the order came with a little biscotti. And -- the place had wifi connection. Pleased with my find, I now know where to get my fix on my next visit to Power Plant Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment