15 May 2013

Organic Pour-over Coffee at Wild Flour, the Podium Mall

Finally, Wild Flour opened somewhere a bit closer to where I live. It's easy to spot - right next to the ground floor escalators, where Cafe (Deli) France used to be.

A bit small, if you ask me, considering how the Wild Flour restaurant in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, is always packed (each time I pass it).

The good thing is that the place is so fabulously decorated, it doesn't feel cramped. More like cozy. You won't hear what the people next table are saying, and you won't have servers' elbows hitting you as they whizz by. A bottle of cold water gets regularly replaced, so you won't feel like they're rushing you to make room for the next batch of customers. That was great because I was there with a good friend and we had lots of catching up to do.

It was bustling with a quick turnover of customers from 4pm onward. Fortunately, we scored a table for two inside. We shared a grilled gruyere cheese sandwich which came with an arugula salad on the side, and we also each got a glass of merlot. Fab and light and perfect for our overloaded list of topics for the day *happy sigh*

Now for the coffee. My friend, who was coffee'd out for the day, got a decaf, and upon her recommendation, I ordered one of their pour-overs, the Organic brew.

Okay, I don't know if the barista actually poured the hot water over the freshly-ground coffee beans (hence the name, right?), but the coffee was served in a tall stainless steel (or silver?) french press. One order had enough for a refill, which I loved! Just to add a bit of sweetness, my friend and I shared a large chocolate chip cookie.




The coffee was very good: just the right strength and color. I almost always take my coffee with a splash of creamer, milk, or soya, but after a sip, I thought it could do with just a drop for color (to trick my mind, haha). I loved the place, the experience, the food, the wine, and the coffee. Another visit is absolutely called for. Now I have a new favorite place.


All about coffee... and tea ;-) A huge coffee machine sits on a place of honor on the beverage prep bar.

Leading to the stairs. Unfortunately, no 2nd floor
for more diners; just a stock room.

A lot of wall art on coffee even if they have
quite a selection of wines lining up the walls, too.



I asked the barista what coffee he used.
He presented me with this pack to photograph.



No comments:

Post a Comment