29 October 2009

Brewed Coffee, Cafe Xocolat



Yep, I went back, yet again. And ordered coffee, yet again. How many times do I have to tell myself: Order. The. Specialty. Will I ever learn?! **

I ordered the basic brew this time. The caramel/dulce de leche and whipped cream in their Cafe Panna y Leche stole the spotlight from the flavor of coffee (not that it wasn't good. If you like your coffee sweet. If you like it warm, almost room temp. Ok, I'll stop.), I just had to find out if their coffee was really good. I opted for the house brew over the Cordillera variant.

So! I love the place -- an old early 70's split level house with many familiar details that that just brings back so many happy memories. As a friend once tried to rationalize, every other one of us who grew up in the 60's and 70's must've had a home or a relative's home with at least one detail in it that's found in this place. I love the colorful Moroccan-ish lamps -- I've been wanting to buy one and here at the Loyola Heights branch they have over a dozen! Unfair! I love the signs they put up. I love the furniture, the earthenware cups and plates. I love that they're a wifi hotspot.

But the coffee brought visuals of ash to mind. Oh, but I like the place! I therefore make the resolution to have their famous chocolate concoctions the next time I visit, because I will definitely go back to Cafe Xocolat, just not for coffee.

** note: see my previous Xocolat review.

No comments:

Post a Comment