22 October 2009

Cafe con Leche y Pana, Xocolat

Being in any Xocolat branch has its unique feel, it's so tempting to spend hours there just absorbing the smells, transported somewhere else by the character of the mismatched colorful warm and arts and crafts-y decor, and surrounded by the relaxed and home-y comfort brought on by the people who love being there. You just have to join them and feel like a chocolate lover yourself. Oh, and the Loyola Heights branch I am especially drawn to has wifi, yay! I can stay there for hours!

Now for the coffee... They have quite a selection, should chocolate not be the thing that lured you in. I asked for help in choosing a good one, and the person behind the counter recommended, with such conviction, the owner's favorite -- the Cafe con Leche y Pana, a dulce de leche concoction. 

It took some time to prepare, but it did look pretty and very rich. I loved the cup and saucer, they so matched the place. It was just warm, warm enough to drink bottoms up, if you were inclined to. But it was good, if you like sweet coffee. But I don't. The coffee got lost in the sweetness of the cream and dulce de leche, it was almost like blended leche flan. And it was just warm. 

I went back another time and ordered it again -- I know, right? -- and it still took some time, and it was just warm (should I just say room temp?). But I love it there, I would go back another time, sure. For a quiet chat with a friend, working on deadlines, time alone, for the comfort food, the reasonable prices, but you know what I resolved to do --- get chocolate when it's the specialty of the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment