23 November 2008

Christmas Specials, Starbucks


I love little reminders that Christmas is coming. One of them would be Starbucks Coffee's Christmas Specials (or whatever they call them). Allow me to do a top 5 here even just for this single entry in my caffeine fix section. Though they've been available for some weeks now, I didn't rush to try them out as I used to. Nor do I have any compelling reason to go get a cup every day. Here are my top 5 reasons:

1. There wasn't much fanfare. At least I didn't get to hear of any fanfare.
2. The planner you get for free after consuming X number of a variety of Starbucks beverages is not as instantly appealing as those in the previous years. I only filled out a few pages from this year's planner, so I don't exactly see how I can use another set next year. I noticed there were more colorful pages and beautiful illustrations in this year's offer, and it's less bulky, and -yay!- they brought back the ballpoint pen. But I think I can do without one in 2009. What if... they try doing away with lined pages next year? Then we can actually doodle and do mind maps and such.
3. Didn't they already offer the Toffee Nut Latte before the season began? It's not that special then.
4. The Praline Mocha is not such a great Christmas beverage. It's good and you can really appreciate the extra nutty flavor, and it offers a good break from my usual soy mocha, but it doesn't take me to any Christmas place or bring about any feeling of Christmas, unlike the Gingerbread Latte and the highly popular Peppermint Mocha (to mention just a couple) of seasons past.
5. The Dark Cherry Mocha is good, but nothing I would look forward to having everyday, every other day, or even once a week.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a disgruntled customer. *gasp* Am I turning into a scrooge?! I was just hoping they would have better coffees to offer. But, to each his own Christmas fave. I say, bring back more Christmas-y Coffee specials!
Bring back the Gingerbread Latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment